Author Topic: I've stopped my FB Ads and ...  (Read 174 times)

The Bass Bagwhan

I've stopped my FB Ads and ...
« on: August 18, 2024, 09:37:34 AM »
I've paused my FB ads on my two performing books (historical fiction) because I felt that I needed to tweak them to maybe adopt some of Meta's newer features, plus they are getting a bit old — in other words, I'm dabbling.

Sales have gone down, but KU reads are okay, which is a predictable result given the latter should have a "tail". But it prompts a re-assessment of ROI because if I just factor in sales versus ad costs, maybe breaking even isn't worthwhile?

Another possibility is try (sigh, yet again) my hand at AMS ads which admittedly I've never done for these performing titles — I've only ever tried to kick-start non-sellers in my horror books.

So I'll probably wait till September to "clear out" any lingering FB ad influence before doing either or both.

Thoughts, anyone?

alhawke

Re: I've stopped my FB Ads and ...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 09:42:26 AM »
I keep shutting down ads completely this month (I focus on BookBub, not Facebook). In the US, it's very hard to meet ROI with sales for my books in August. September is a good time to pick up sales. So is January for me.

The Bass Bagwhan

Re: I've stopped my FB Ads and ...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2024, 10:05:04 AM »
I keep shutting down ads completely this month (I focus on BookBub, not Facebook). In the US, it's very hard to meet ROI with sales for my books in August. September is a good time to pick up sales. So is January for me.

That's good to know, thanks. Maybe I've inadvertently dodged a "bad" month?