Author Topic: AMS impressions  (Read 2080 times)

JRTomlin

AMS impressions
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:44:48 AM »
I am running two AMS ads. I have a problem with one not getting impressions.

After ten days it only has 16,904   impressions, 20 clicks,  Spend $8.01 and $22.97 sales, ACoS 34.87%. For me, one click for about every 800 impressions is an acceptable rate, but that is only 1600 impressions per day!

The other ad in the same genre with the exact same keyword list and a worse ACoS is getting around 6000 impressions per day.

The keyword list is narrowly targetted with only 95 keywords, by the way, but that seems to be what works best for me.

Any ideas why one would be getting so few impressions? I'm baffled.

JamesBierce

Re: AMS impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 06:47:20 PM »
The AMS system seems to be all over the map lately. I have some ads with 200+ keywords getting 300 impressions a day, and other ads with half the keywords getting 20,000 impressions. I've also noticed that my sales have dropped off over the past couple of months compared to July/August, but KU borrows seem to holding somewhat steady. It might be that the algorithms are messed up because of the pending update to the system, but that's just speculation.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2619
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »
The other ad in the same genre with the exact same keyword list

So your ads are competing with each other. One is obviously pushing the AMS buttons more than the other.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

JRTomlin

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 01:26:56 AM »
I suppose, Timothy. But I don't understand why one is 'pushing the buttons more'. I find it puzzling.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2619
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 01:33:08 AM »
I suppose, Timothy. But I don't understand why one is 'pushing the buttons more'. I find it puzzling.

I couldn't figure it out either. I just changed to either use completely different keywords, or just a single ad at a time. Mostly running just a single ad now, for the latest release.

I cant help but wonder how many people are competing with themselves to the point where they are doubling their own ad costs without even knowing it. Especially where the ads have the raise the bid 50% turned on.  :icon_think:
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

JRTomlin

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 01:35:59 AM »

I couldn't figure it out either. I just changed to either use completely different keywords, or just a single ad at a time. Mostly running just a single ad now, for the latest release.

I cant help but wonder how many people are competing with themselves to the point where they are doubling their own ad costs without even knowing it. Especially where the ads have the raise the bid 50% turned on.  :icon_think:
I don't have a large enough list of keywords that work for me to feel like I can use different ones, so pausing one while I run the other might be the best way to go. Thanks.

ETA: I paused one so we'll see. Alternating them may work better.

BTW, I don't turn on the 50%. I am already paying as much as I feel I can and still have a good ROI. But I wonder if turning that on makes a difference in impressions.  :icon_think:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:13:02 AM by JRTomlin »