Author Topic: 50+ words a day...no matter what!  (Read 308816 times)

Juniper B

Re: 50+ words a day...no matter what!
« Reply #2000 on: January 26, 2021, 08:39:52 AM »
2,402 words yesterday and still working on today. :)

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, Post-Crisis D, Wonder

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2001 on: January 27, 2021, 05:07:12 AM »
I narrowed it down to two choices...and since they both take place in the same area of England (50 years apart) I'm looking at maps and photos today.

Hope to be back to writing in the next few days.  Historical fiction always takes more research, but that's what makes it so much fun!

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

notthatamanda

« Reply #2002 on: January 27, 2021, 06:27:40 AM »
Not writing but I miss you guys. Listened to 3 chapters on read aloud and started my first ever newsletter email thingy. I did get the Kobo promo so I put the preview of book 2 in book 1 and that will be the focus of the letter when book 1 is in the 40% off sale.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, Post-Crisis D

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2003 on: January 27, 2021, 06:51:30 AM »
Yesterday, I had 30 words of poem, 74 words for the serious space opera, 580 words for the humorous space opera and 226 words for a short story, giving me 910 words total for the day.

Really, really need to outline the humorous space opera.  I put the villain in an inescapable situation and then I made it worse and then I made it still worse.  So, the villain may end up defeating himself.  Which is okay.  Be kind of like Raiders of the Lost Ark if Indy hadn't showed up.

I'm at 10 words so far for today and that's for the serious space opera.  Down to three chapters to read.  And then I need to go back and fix two things I missed on the skim-thru pass and the editing pass.  Kind of important the main character figure out the minor puzzle presented to him early on, especially as it goes to one whole theme of the story.  Kinda important that.

Also had a weird dream last night but haven't figured out a way to incorporate it as a story in anything.

There are times I miss live group chats in Skype.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, Wonder

Juniper B

« Reply #2004 on: January 28, 2021, 10:16:23 AM »
258 words yesterday, and not very good ones.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2005 on: January 28, 2021, 10:45:18 AM »
Yesterday, I wrote 727 words.  That's 10 for the serious space opera, 37 for a poem and 680 for the humorous space opera.

Today, so far, I'm at 719 words which is 129 for the serious space opera and 590 for the humorous space opera.  Poem and short story to do later.

On the serious space opera, I got in one of two things I need to get in there.  So, halfway finished, sort of.  Also did some work for the cover.

Also, just noticed that I wrote just over 100k words last year and so far for this year I am at just over 22k.  So, almost a quarter of last year's words in under a month.  Need 3k over the next four days . . .
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #2006 on: January 28, 2021, 11:01:46 AM »
Thus far this week: 10,673 words with at least that many edited and corrected.

If that seems like a lot, consider I start everyday about 6am with editing what I wrote two days ago. When I get to the blank page, the ideas are refreshed.

ETA to completing the eleventh, and final, installment: 3 weeks.

Cheers,
R.C.

PS: I emulate a process I read in an interview of Hemingway. He said he always started writing by re-reading what he wrote previously.  I liked the idea and it works for me.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2007 on: January 29, 2021, 04:47:21 AM »
Ended yesterday at 859 words after adding a poem at 37 words and a short story at 103 words.  Had planned to try to hit 1,000, but didn't want to force the story to be longer than it needed to be and also couldn't think of a second story idea.

I'm at 18 words so far for today.  That's from the serious space opera.  Still need to remedy the one problem I've mentioned.  I toyed with the idea of leaving it for the character to unravel in the next book, if there is a next book, but I think it needs to be done in this book.  No guarantee there will be a series out of this so best to wrap it up.  Still haven't found a good place to work in the solution without ruining the pacing and/or interactions of existing scenes.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2008 on: January 30, 2021, 02:33:04 AM »
I probably only wrote 100 words at the most this week but I got through half the chapters on the read aloud. I'm pretty psyched to keep going. Going to be extra cold this weekend so I'll try to listen to a chapter here or there to break up being stuck in the house even more than usual.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2009 on: January 30, 2021, 03:11:14 AM »
Ended up with 542 words yesterday.  That's the 18 words added while reading the serious space opera, 485 words written in the humorous space opera and 39 words for a poem.

Today I am at 90 words so far today.  That's for the serious space opera, which I think is done.  I've done a read-thru for plot consistency, an editing pass and a beta-reading pass.  Not whether to prep for release or see if I can find some victim willing participant to give it a read.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2010 on: January 30, 2021, 08:02:20 AM »
Up to 790 words for the day so far after having written 700 words for the humorous space opera.  Poem and short story to do later.  If I can keep up this pace for the next two days, I should hit 25k words for the month, which will mean I will have written 25% of 2020's total word count in just one month of 2021.

Also, forgot to note that the serious space opera ended up being 136k words longer than the initial goal.  Of course, that initial goal was to write 5,000 words per day for ten days and be done.  LOL.  That was five years ago.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2011 on: January 31, 2021, 08:42:45 AM »
I'm editing one story, changing a few things, so it will fit into a new mystery series.  Then, I'm going to be focusing on my other WIP and try to finish it by spring.  It's a beast of a historical fantasy novel, but I've been planning it for a long time. 
Nice to be back to writing again!!!  :smilie_zauber:

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D, Wonder

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2012 on: February 02, 2021, 09:10:25 AM »
Friday, I finished the day with 1,079 words.
Saturday, I finished with 519 words.
Sunday, I finished with 888 words.

Which meant January ended with 25,493 words which means I did 25.25% of 2020's total word count in one month of 2021.

I also finished the month with 33 poems and 16 short stories.  Granted, almost all of the poems are lame, but most of the short stories are usable.  A couple need some tweaking but two are likely hopeless.

For today, so far, I am at 505 words for the serious space opera.  I've added a scene to wrap some things up.  Otherwise, it'd probably go for another 100k words.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2013 on: February 03, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
So far, so good for February.  Wrote 1,179 words yesterday and 1,080 words so far today.

Also working on the UV unwrapping for the spaceship model that will be on the cover of the serious space opera.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2014 on: February 04, 2021, 04:39:32 AM »
Ended at 1,117 words yesterday after writing a bonus poem.  The "Month of Daily Poems" is officially over.  On the one hand, it feels weird not having a poem to write.  On the other hand, kind of a relief.  Poems are best when you have inspiration, not forced.  At least for me.  Out of 35 poems written last month (including the two bonus February poems), most are really, really bad.  A couple are decent.

I fared better with short stories.  Throughout January, I wrote a short story every odd-numbered day.  As I reported in an earlier post, most are usable.  Also, did feel weird Monday not to write a short story.  Of course, would have been weird doing a story two days in a row since we had two odd-numbered days in a row.  Also felt weird yesterday not writing one.

Also, felt strange not working on the serious space opera.  I think it's done.  Still have to do the author-y things at the end, but the story itself is done.  I hope.  Finally.

Starting to get the hang of LSCM UV unwrapping, I think.  A few more parts to straighten out then hopefully I can start the painting/texturing phase.  Also, need to add a part that's described in the novel but not actually on the ship itself.  Played with it a bit yesterday and think I figured a way to add it without too much difficulty.

Did I make a note to myself what the cover dimensions need to be?  Or do I need to look it up again?  If the former, I need to find a better place to put notes.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2015 on: February 04, 2021, 05:13:44 AM »
3/4 of the way done with the read aloud. Couple of words and sentences here and there not worth keeping track of.

I'm really struggling with if it's worth the investment to do print.

Dan - KDP Cover Guidelines -

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200645690

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2016 on: February 04, 2021, 05:18:37 AM »
I make my ebook covers 1587 x 2525 pixels.  Paperbacks are 1675 x 2525.  (Some people use 1700 x 2550 I think.)  I'm guessing the proportions are more important than the actual numbers.

There should be plenty of information online.  I don't remember where I got the numbers originally...but they seem to work.  I use Windows Paint, but I know there are much more sophisticated programs available.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2017 on: February 04, 2021, 06:05:36 AM »
Dan - KDP Cover Guidelines -

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200645690
I make my ebook covers 1587 x 2525 pixels.  Paperbacks are 1675 x 2525.  (Some people use 1700 x 2550 I think.)  I'm guessing the proportions are more important than the actual numbers.

There should be plenty of information online.  I don't remember where I got the numbers originally...but they seem to work.  I use Windows Paint, but I know there are much more sophisticated programs available.

Thanks.  I have a template I did in 2019, but I thought Amazon had updated requirements since then.  And I thought I had written down updated numbers somewhere.  I have my template set up to show me cutlines based on 8.5x11, 6x9, 5.06x7.81, 1563x2500, 1600x2560 and 2820x4500 sizes.  That way, I can make sure the most important stuff fits inside all of them.  That's just for the front cover.  I have to guess at added length for spine and back (if doing print) until I know for sure.

I believe I did the cover for my last book at 2820x4500.  Not sure where the 2820x4500 size came from, but it must have been recommended somewhere.  I know I wouldn't have made it up.  Regardless, 1563x2500, 1600x2560 and 2820x4500 are roughly the same proportions, so easy to work at the highest resolution and scale down if needed.

Before, I made the mistake of only designing for the eBook and not print.  When designing for the eBook, I work at twice the resolution I need then scale down at final export.  So, for 1600x2560, I'd work at 3200x5120.  For print, I'd work much higher.  For a 6x9, for example, I'd try to work at 7200x10800, then export to 3600x5400, plus bleeds and assuming they want 600dpi.  Oh, and plus the spine and back cover.

Just checked and Amazon wants 300dpi for paperbacks.  So, for a 6x9, that would be 1800x2700 which is actually smaller than the eBook version.  :icon_think:

So, I guess I can still use my 2019 template.  :shrug

Thanks!

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2018 on: February 04, 2021, 06:11:36 AM »
I'm really struggling with if it's worth the investment to do print.

I know the feeling.  I always hear that the eBooks far outsell paperbacks for most people, so then I look at, okay, if one paperback sells for every nine (or so) eBooks, then is it worth putting together paperbacks for maybe one sale a year?

On the other hand, sometimes people who read actual paperbacks post pictures of themselves reading paperbacks and if they happen to like your book and share a picture of themselves reading your book, you might get additional sales (eBook or paperback) out of that.  Then again, the odds of that happening are pretty slim as well.

Then, not only do you have to format for print, but you also have to decide which POD service(s) you'll use which is a lot of thinking to do.

So, you relegate it to the backburner and it probably never gets done.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2019 on: February 04, 2021, 08:56:09 AM »
I've done a couple of print books. I paid a formatter. Would get Vellum and Mac in a Cloud going forward to make it more cost effective. I'm excited to finish the book I'm working on but after that I don't know. Last year really kicked me in the teeth, repeatedly. This year is pretty meh so far. I just don't know if I have the will to keep trudging up this hill in the hopes of someday turning this into a living wage.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2020 on: February 04, 2021, 12:14:49 PM »
I don't know if it's easier or more difficult to not make money (well not much) with my books.  I don't pay for advertising, so I don't expect to make a lot...which let's me tell myself I am writing books, so I'll be ready when I do advertise! LOL
For now, I'm happy adding more books to my 'shelf' and building a slow, organic following.   :dog1:

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2021 on: February 04, 2021, 04:55:28 PM »
I wrote over 1,000 words on Wednesday.  But, about 300 of that is from the author info and stuff for the serious space opera, much of which will likely be tossed, which means I'll need to write over 1,300 words today to stay over 1,000 after losing those 300 or so words from yesterday.

A bit of a challenge doing the author bio and acknowledgments for this one.  Usually, I try to do humorous stuff but this is the first non-humorous book so . . .  On the flip side, there is some humor in the book, but still it's not a humorous book.  I think that makes sense.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2022 on: February 05, 2021, 08:24:41 AM »
And, quite by accident and not intent, I am at 1,300 words exactly for the day, and that's before tackling the 300 words from yesterday that will need to be tossed and redone.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2023 on: February 05, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »
Almost getting the hang of UV unwrapping.  Pinning the vertices helps.  Hope some creative license with the cover is okay.  I am pretty sure it's expected to have the main spaceship on the cover, but I'm placing it near a planet it doesn't actually visit in the novel (a different ship does) but I think will look cool.

Also, wrote about another 100 words so ending the day around 1,400.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2024 on: February 06, 2021, 08:29:33 AM »
I estimated too high yesterday.  Ended up with 1,395 words.  Five more words and I could have had 1,400.

So far for today, I am at 1,140 words.  All for the humorous space opera.  Had planned on 30k and it's currently at 66k.  I think I mentioned before that I put one character into an impossible situation to escape and, instead of figuring a way out, I made it worse.  Then, I piled on and made it worse again.  To make it even more impossible, I made it worse again.  I don't know how many times I compounded the problem.  But, finally, I think I have found a way out.

Wonder

« Reply #2025 on: February 06, 2021, 04:00:37 PM »
Hi all.

I’m working on getting my wordcount up, so I figured I’d join in the daily thread.

4710 words today on my next cozy mystery. I did pomodoros, which almost always helps.

Wonder

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2026 on: February 06, 2021, 06:42:11 PM »
I've been sick, so I've done very little productive stuff over the past three weeks.  The only words I've written lately were in Dan's clothing thread.

However, I did cut my hair.  I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I just couldn't summon the energy.  I finally got it done, though, so maybe my energy is starting to recover.  Maybe I'm on the down-slope of whatever bug is ailing me.

And it feels great to have that hair gone.  I feel clean-cut now instead of shaggy and disheveled.

Now if I can just start to ease back into my exercise routine...
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

notthatamanda

« Reply #2027 on: February 06, 2021, 11:42:54 PM »
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it was rough.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, Jeff Tanyard

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2028 on: February 07, 2021, 07:05:01 AM »
I'm glad you're feeling better, Jeff!
824 words today.  Finally started my WWII short story.  :dog1:

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard, Post-Crisis D

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2029 on: February 07, 2021, 08:02:01 AM »

Ditto.  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Finished yesterday at 1,190 words.  No words yet today.

Haven't posted a drawing in a while, so here's the one I did last night:

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, Jeff Tanyard

Eric Thomson

« Reply #2030 on: February 07, 2021, 08:39:21 AM »
1,262 today for a total of 81,457 in my current WIP as of this moment. Target is around 100,000.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2031 on: February 07, 2021, 12:59:55 PM »
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like it was rough.

824 words today.  Finally started my WWII short story.  :dog1:

Ditto.  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Thanks, y'all.  I had a little bit of a sensitive/watery eye this morning, so I took some Benadryl.  I'm good enough now so that I can look at a computer screen and type this post.  Still slightly drowsy.  Overall, though, not bad.

I've still got a constant tickle in my throat, so I'm still coughing.  I'm not terribly concerned about this, though.  It's a dry cough, so there's no gunk to alarm me, plus I've been in the habit of picking up a winter cough in recent years.  Just a "my lungs don't like cold air" thing, I think.   :shrug  But it's still an annoyance, especially when I have a coughing spell that lasts a while.

Haven't posted a drawing in a while, so here's the one I did last night:

That one's pretty good, and by "pretty good" I mean that it makes me think there's a story behind it.  It looks like a friendly-but-naive alien who came to Earth and found some adventure.  Reminds me of the movie Explorers a little.  Which is not a very good movie, by the way, but one I liked a lot as a kid.

Your homework assignment, Dan, should you choose to accept it, is to write a short story about that pic.  No more than a thousand words.  That's a hard limit intended to force you to be frugal with your words.  You don't have to share the story with us if you don't want to, but I want you to write a complete story with a satisfying conclusion.

If you choose not to accept this assignment, then there's a risk that one of us might do it instead.  So you better get cracking.   :ices_angel_g:

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2032 on: February 07, 2021, 03:56:06 PM »
That one's pretty good, and by "pretty good" I mean that it makes me think there's a story behind it.  It looks like a friendly-but-naive alien who came to Earth and found some adventure.  Reminds me of the movie Explorers a little.  Which is not a very good movie, by the way, but one I liked a lot as a kid.

Your homework assignment, Dan, should you choose to accept it, is to write a short story about that pic.  No more than a thousand words.  That's a hard limit intended to force you to be frugal with your words.  You don't have to share the story with us if you don't want to, but I want you to write a complete story with a satisfying conclusion.

If you choose not to accept this assignment, then there's a risk that one of us might do it instead.  So you better get cracking.   :ices_angel_g:

I can always use more stories for my newsletter so . . .   But I get a whole thousand words?  A number of the shorts I wrote in January were 100 words.  Also, dang, it's almost mid-February and I was hoping to get a newsletter finished for the first quarter.  (Hoping to do four this year.)

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2033 on: February 07, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »
1836 words so far today in a new story inspired by Dan's posts in another thread.

It's not a science fiction story.  It's fantasy.   :icon_eek:  I'm aiming for a novel here, not a short.  And I might lose steam and abandon it, because that's always a risk.  But I'm trucking along nicely at the moment.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2034 on: February 08, 2021, 02:24:09 AM »
I'm writing about a Christmas party at an English country home in 1939.  The last big hurrah before rationing begins in January.  They have no idea what's going to happen over the next six months, let alone six years. 

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2035 on: February 08, 2021, 02:30:08 AM »
I'm writing about a Christmas party at an English country home in 1939.  The last big hurrah before rationing begins in January.  They have no idea what's going to happen over the next six months, let alone six years.

In the next century, some author will be posting, "I'm writing about a Christmas party at a family home in 2019.  They have no idea . . ."

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2036 on: February 08, 2021, 03:13:50 AM »

In the next century, some author will be posting, "I'm writing about a Christmas party at a family home in 2019.  They have no idea . . ."

Exactly.  When we write about history, we have to put ourselves into that time and create that reality.  If anyone writes about 2019 years from now, they need to realize people had no idea what would happen next.  They wouldn't make an extra effort to visit relatives or appreciate a family holiday more than usual.  They would be caught up in what was happening at that moment with their normal hopes and concerns.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2037 on: February 08, 2021, 07:03:49 AM »

Here's a writing challenge for any futurists who want to explore it:

"I'm writing about a couple celebrating Valentine's Day in 2021.  They have no idea what's going to happen just two months later, let alone over the rest of the decade."

(I picked two months later because April has a way of hosting momentous events in history.)

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2038 on: February 08, 2021, 07:38:22 AM »

Here's a writing challenge for any futurists who want to explore it:

"I'm writing about a couple celebrating Valentine's Day in 2021.  They have no idea what's going to happen just two months later, let alone over the rest of the decade."

(I picked two months later because April has a way of hosting momentous events in history.)

Is this couple married?  Engaged?  Dating?  People have a tendency to make major decisions during times of crisis to try to gain control.  An attempt to create some sort of stability or foundation they can rely on.

If they're already married, maybe they focus on doing something for each other that they haven't had time to do before.  Time can be more valuable than money or going out, especially when you each do something the other can appreciate.  But then...I write romances.  :kiss:

ETA:  Actually, I write a lot of genres that have romance as part of the story.

notthatamanda

« Reply #2039 on: February 08, 2021, 08:46:06 AM »
One thing I do is I find and read newspaper articles from the time, so I can write from the character's point of view because that is the information that they would have had available to them.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2040 on: February 08, 2021, 09:35:29 AM »

Is this couple married?  Engaged?  Dating?  People have a tendency to make major decisions during times of crisis to try to gain control.  An attempt to create some sort of stability or foundation they can rely on.

If they're already married, maybe they focus on doing something for each other that they haven't had time to do before.  Time can be more valuable than money or going out, especially when you each do something the other can appreciate. 

Those details are up to you and your imagination, assuming you accept the writing challenge.  :)

Futurism is fun.  I used to do writing challenges like this on a regular basis.  Great way to hone the craft and strengthen the imagination's muscles.

Wonder

« Reply #2041 on: February 08, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
3800 words on the cozy mystery today. I was a bit stumped on how the ending would shake out, but a long walk after lunch helped me sort it out. Amazing how solutions drop in the brain when you're doing repetitive things!  grint

Plus about 1500 words of outline on my space opera project.  I'm trying to do a better job with series planning, seeing how each book fits into the greater whole.

Time for some TV!

Wonder

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2042 on: February 08, 2021, 09:53:32 AM »
3800 words on the cozy mystery today.

Excellent.  The most I've ever done in a day was just over 4k, so 3800 would definitely make me happy about my progress.   :cheers

I was a bit stumped on how the ending would shake out, but a long walk after lunch helped me sort it out. Amazing how solutions drop in the brain when you're doing repetitive things!  grint

I think the benefits of physical exertion on mental acuity are underestimated.  Before I got sick a few weeks ago, I was making a solid effort at getting in better shape.  I intend to get back to that effort as my illness wanes, and I'd encourage all writers to do the same.  Physical fitness has all sorts of benefits, both physical and mental.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2043 on: February 08, 2021, 10:55:32 AM »
Futurism is fun.  I used to do writing challenges like this on a regular basis.  Great way to hone the craft and strengthen the imagination's muscles.

There was a book that came out in the late 80s that presented the history of the next thousand years or so.  Lots of interesting stuff in there.  Maybe you've read it?  Can't recall the title but I think the cover was blue.

Another interesting writing challenge that we did in school, also based on a book I cannot recall, is to take contemporary objects and imagine what future archaeologists might think they are.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #2044 on: February 08, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »

There was a book that came out in the late 80s that presented the history of the next thousand years or so.  Lots of interesting stuff in there.  Maybe you've read it?  Can't recall the title but I think the cover was blue.

Doesn't ring a bell.

Another interesting writing challenge that we did in school, also based on a book I cannot recall, is to take contemporary objects and imagine what future archaeologists might think they are.

Never did that, but I'll keep it in mind as something to try some day.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2045 on: February 08, 2021, 11:19:57 AM »
As far as word counts, I managed 1,160 words today.

Also, I forgot to note that the drawing from the other day was created completely Adobe-free.  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2046 on: February 09, 2021, 01:06:17 AM »
I've always liked history more than predicting the future, although I did watch a lot of original Star Trek reruns as a child.  I also watched a lot of Big Valley.

I think I just figured out why I love Firefly! LOL  :cheers

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2047 on: February 09, 2021, 01:49:09 AM »
I think I just figured out why I love Firefly! LOL  :cheers

Nah.  This is why:

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #2048 on: February 09, 2021, 03:09:19 AM »
That is a great scene!!!  But I think this is my favorite.

Wonder

« Reply #2049 on: February 09, 2021, 03:53:38 AM »
I think the benefits of physical exertion on mental acuity are underestimated.  Before I got sick a few weeks ago, I was making a solid effort at getting in better shape.  I intend to get back to that effort as my illness wanes, and I'd encourage all writers to do the same.  Physical fitness has all sorts of benefits, both physical and mental.

Definitely. I've had a harder time staying healthy since I semi-retired and started writing during the day. I used to spend a lot of time on my feet at work, nothing too strenuous but I'd be standing for at least half the day. Now I have to set an alarm to get up and move, and take extra walks, because otherwise I'll just take on the shape of my chair like those poor humans in WALL-E.  :doh: